New decade, new opportunities. Do things a little differently in 2020 by focusing on a resolution that will bring many years of enjoyment and value to your life: home remodeling projects. After-all, you’re not just starting a new year—you’re bringing in a new decade!
Protect Your Home’s Exterior with New Siding
It doesn’t matter how well-built your home is; an ugly exterior makes the whole place look dirty and run down. Replacement siding gives your home a whole new look while offering essential protection against weather damage, pest invasions, and outlandish energy costs. There are many siding types to choose from, so you’re sure to find a match for your priorities and budget:
- Fiber cement siding is made with a highly durable composite material that’s ultra-efficient, termite proof, and maintenance free. The upfront cost is a bit more when compared to other siding options, but the long-term protection can’t be beat.
- Cedar siding provides a natural-looking aesthetic and many inborn features like insect repellent and weather resistance. Cedar siding requires more maintenance than fiber cement and vinyl siding.
- Vinyl siding provides a cost-effective solution with many options for color, pattern, and texture. This siding is easy to maintain and long-lasting when provided by trusted contractors.
- Insulated vinyl siding offers additional protection for you home that can save you hundreds of dollars a year on heating and cooling costs.
Invest in Your Home’s Future with Quality Roofing
A sturdy roof is important for the over-all protection and structural integrity of your home, which is why a new roof is one of the most valuable home improvements you can make. If your roof is over 20 years or shows obvious signs of decay, a roof replacement is unavoidable. Look for these signs:
- Missing or Damaged Shingles
- The Presence of Shingle Granules in Your Gutters
- Water Damage or Stains on Ceilings
- An Unexplained Rise in Energy Costs
Make Memories on Your Custom-Built Deck
Adding a deck to your home instantly adds value and appeal, not to mention all of the good times ahead with friends and family. From morning moments of solitude to boisterous family gatherings, a deck just makes things better.
The hardest part about investing in a deck remodel is coming up with the perfect design, but with so many options out there you’re sure to create the ideal space:
- Composite decking looks just like real wood but without the hassle. This material is stylish, super easy to maintain, and resistant to rot and insect damage.
- PVC decking is highly affordable, eco-friendly, and durable. There are multiple color options to choose from, all of which mimic the appeal of real wood.
- Deck remodeling can give your existing deck new life, adding many more years of enjoyment without the cost and hassle of new construction.
When you want to make a worth-while start to the new year, you can’t go wrong with home remodeling projects. If you live near Kalamazoo and you want help with your next exterior remodel, contact Hutcherson Construction, LLC today. We offer reliable solutions that include everything you see here and more!
Subscribe to Hutcherson Construction's Blog